Opening Pagemaker 5 files in 9.2.2

B

BroCraig

I put a pagemaker file on a jump drive and brought it to my PowerBook G4. When I open up the folder it's in it just shows up as an exec file. I have tried to open it with Pagemaker through the classic mode, but it ain't happening. What do i need to do to read this file?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Did try opening the file by first running the pagemaker application and then opening the file from the application?

Just remembered, my wife was working with the SPSS 11 application, this program has a problem with reading data from a floppy drive. So we copied the data to the hard disk and we were able to read the data in. You might want to try and copy the data to internal drive. Hopefully that will help.

OP
B

BroCraig

Will try copying it over and see if the icon changes to let me know it's ok. I created a new file with it and saved it to the jumpdrive and it can read it. I'll see if copying it over to the harddrive will change it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.