Microsoft Messenger Problem

• Thread starter millenium_spike
  • Start date
M

millenium_spike

Hey everyone,

I'm using Microsoft Messenger for Mac v 5.1.1 (the latest one). The problem I'm having with it is that after I sign on, even with my status set to 'online', I still appear as offline to my friends. It is apparently only after they sign out and sign back in again do they see me as online. I've tried using other MSN clients (aMSN and Mercury), and the problem is still there. And when I sign on from a PC, there's no problem.

I was wondering if any one else has this problem or if anyone knows how I might go about fixing this problem? Thanks in advance!

OP
G

gabrielleitao

millenium_spike said:
Hey everyone,

I'm using Microsoft Messenger for Mac v 5.1.1 (the latest one). The problem I'm having with it is that after I sign on, even with my status set to 'online', I still appear as offline to my friends. It is apparently only after they sign out and sign back in again do they see me as online. I've tried using other MSN clients (aMSN and Mercury), and the problem is still there. And when I sign on from a PC, there's no problem.

I was wondering if any one else has this problem or if anyone knows how I might go about fixing this problem? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

First of all, I would like to say that Microsoft sucks, and they dont give a to Macintosh. Second, you dont like this version of MSN Messenger, it is not the same as in a PC, it doesnt have video support, neither other cool features and stuff. As a consequence of Microsoft's "Lazyness" of not being able to make a decent MSN Messenger for Macintosh users who are willing to communicate with their friends with that, 3rd part companies need to make a DECENT MSN Messenger. I would like to suggest you to install Mercury (www.mercury.to). its free and I use it always to replace MSN Messenger. I hope you like it as I did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
He said he tried mercury and the problem is still there

Give AdiumX a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Adium will set you as appear offline when you go away sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HHD, Dual-Boot Windows XP SP2
Try going into system pref. and go to security, click firewall, and make sure that MSN is allowed, and make sure stealth mode isn't overriding msn, by having it allowed should fix this if not, i'm stupid and don't listen to me. hehe, best of luck.

Hey everyone,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.