Ipod reformat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
well, my wife's Ipod died.. the battery that is. So, we went into the apple store in order to get a new battery and they told us they'd have to reformat it. Meaning she'll loose all of her songs/pictures(it's a 60gig photo).

Now, this is no good because we just reformated her PC.. so the files only exist on her ipod.. so reformating it is a NO go.

is it salvagable? what if we buy a battery off of ipodparts.com and i install it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I bought a battery from them for my 3G iPod and replaced it without causing any issues for the drive. I did however put a few scratches in the case opening it (even with their special tool) and the battery only lived 5 months (long enough for the 4th gen iPod with the color screen to come out).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
go here before you reformat

go here before you reformat

put your problem in the forum and get expert help
this will avoid losing your wifes stuff

regards

J

jlbrew3

I had a similar problem, but instead went to ipodjuice.com, they give you great instructions and a fantastic tool that easily allows you to open your ipod

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.