Gaming on a Macbook

S

Schotz

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure if it should be here or in switchers. Anyway I found this truly amazing article for gaming on a macbook. I wasn't sure if this is posted anywhere else, but I wanted to post it so everyone can see. Here it is- http://www.macworld.com/2006/06/firstlooks/macbookgames/index.php
But I do have a question...my daughter likes to play Nancy Drew 3D interactive mystery games. I want to know if she can play them on a macbook. More information about that here- www.herinteractive.com Does anyone know if this will work well on a macbook? I think it will because it is not very demanding. Anyway thanks for your help. Another link for univeral games- http://guides.macrumors.com/Universal_Binary_Games

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Mod note: Place in proper forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Schotz said:
And where might that be? Switchers?
nope. Check where the thread is located now by the path at the top of the thread.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Schotz said:
I meant the right place to put this thread. Where should it go?
It should go where it is located now. :black:
The Applications and Games forum.
That is why I suggested looking at the path at the top of the thread.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ha, I honestly did not click on your links. However, that is because I feel it is possible to answer that question with out them:

-First of all, If that game is PC only, you will have to buy XP, and install it with bootcamp on your macbook.
-Second, the game sounds like it is pretty old, or sounds like it can't take up very much processor/RAM time. Therefore, running that game with rosette will not be a problem, if anything depending on how old your current mac is, it will run faster.
-Third, the thread is in the correct location, Rman said he moved it.

OP
S

Schotz

Yeah, I meant with XP, Rosetta, and Parallels. Actually they make alot of them. They have 15. Some are a bit older like...3 years maybe? I don't know. But even the newer ones play like the older ones. I think it will work on the Macbook she is getting. We didn't buy it for games though, so it really doesn't matter. Thanks for all your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.