max RAM to put in imac?

J

Jiggy

Hello all,
I have a 800mhz G4 iMac with 256mb RAM...what's the max I'm able to put on it? I'm going to run alot of 3d and photo software on it, so I need the most I can :) Thanks!!

OP
S

sLiCk_InCoNtRoL

Simple

Your imac can take a maximum of 1gigabyte of RAM
Good luck with upgrading
sLiCk

OP
L

lzasitko

ram

Jiggy said:
Hello all,
I have a 800mhz G4 iMac with 256mb RAM...what's the max I'm able to put on it? I'm going to run alot of 3d and photo software on it, so I need the most I can :) Thanks!!

You can go up 1gig but cost is really up there too, 512meg is at least reasonable. You will find that 1gig prices will drop the same as the 512's as more and more people get them. Whatever you can afford is a good general rule :)

Larry

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
If you purchase a 512 Mb RAM card (make sure you get the notebook variety) you can upgrade to 768Mb yourself very cheaply but if you want the whole 1 Gb you'll need to open up the case and that ain't for the weak hearted.

I have 512Mb in a 1G iMac and it seems to be enough for everything I've thrown at it.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.