Any way to hide the mouse cursor?

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to macs and I want to know if there is a way I can hide the mouse cursor.

Why I'm asking this is that I have a quicktime video which I want to play fullscreen, but I do not have quicktime pro. I use the screen enlargement utility (command option +) to zoom in the screen so that only my video is visible on the screen. This method works like a charm, however there is one little problem. The mouse pointer is staring rght around the center of the screen. Only if I could hide the mouse cursor temporarily ...

Replacing the default mouse cursor with a transparent cursor is another option, but it can be too dangerous for a newbie like me who does not know many keyboard shortcuts. You know what I mean! :spook:

OP
Anil_robo
Reaction score
Solved: Hide mouse pointer when zoomed in

Okay, I discovered a way to hide the mouse pointer when I am zoomed in the screen using Command+Option+ =

To do this, open the Universal Access preferences, and go to the "seeing" tab. There, first enable the zoom feature if it's not enabled already. Then click "options" in the zoom field.

In the options, the last section says "When zoomed in, the screen image moves..." There, select the second option "Only when the pointer reaches an edge".

Now open any application (I opened quicktime video) and zoom in to whatever level you want. Now you can move the mouse pointer around, and the screen will move only when the pointer is at screen edge. That way, you can get the mouse pointer hidden from view (almost) while watching movies etc. in zoom.

Crude method, but works! :doctor:

R

Rob

Or... you could just drag it so the window is big, then move your cursor to the side. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Did you see the date of this thread? This must be a world record for reviving a dead post. It is what .. eleven years old!

Perhaps it has been sorted out?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It was an advertisement Harry. It's now gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.