Firefox problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
hey guys. is anyone else having problems with firefox? i have the latest version, and my 2 huge complaints are when i start a download, be it 10megs or 20k, it hangs for a good minute! then starts downloading.

Then theres try to browse the plagued myspace. Forget that. freezes, and freezes all other tabs/windows. i cant even check the status of my router on a local network if its trying to load myspace

now i dont have these problems on safari, i jus tlike the feel of mozilla better

i dont have these problems on my lousy windows machines, and even my gf and her mac mini have no issues

anyone have any ideas what the problem is? this is osx4.7 on a dual G5, with 2gb ram

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
The only problem Camino has is the lack of extensions. As for the current build of Firefox, I haven't had any problems at all when downloading off it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
It could be network issues causing this problem, if the network stalls when starting downloads or loading the excessively plugin-laden myspace.

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
are FF skins compatible with camino?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
1. Try cleaning out your download window.. that will speed things up drastically.
2. I don't have problems with myspace with firefox, I do have problems with safari though with some of the video files that are there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
i was wondering about the skins as well

ill clean out the downloads, thatllprobalby fix that problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
i use firefox and i dont have any problems

Reaction score
I use Firefox and have no problems.

Make sure to update it as several updates have came lately.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
well ive got ahold of Camino. And it was all good at first, but still, if you try to visit myspace, its SLOW!

Now im getting sick of this! its annoying to open a second browser to just check that thing! normally i dont need it, but due to band i kinda do

What possible network issues could there be? it works on PC, heck it works on my powerbook running OS9.2.2, so obviously its with my G5..what can i check?

And repair permissions doesnt affect it

Reaction score
my firefox has been acting up lately too. taking forever to load pages freezing up. yesterday it wouldnt even force quit i just restarted my comp.

oyea...myspace is always messed up no matter what browser is used lol

Reaction score
firefox has been freezing/slowing down on my macbook for a week now... couldn't even force quit because of the spinning "multi-colored wheel" replacing my cursor. applications other than the firefox run normally though. so i switched back to safari and haven't experienced any problem for 2 straight days now. any similar experiences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
I know that you may like the feel of Firefox better than Safari, but a few months ago I made the switch to Safari. When I first got this Mac, I was the same. I was so used to Firefox from being a Windows-user and I just did not like Safari all that much. Then Safari 4 Beta came around, and I was getting tired of FF crashing all the time. It was just awesome and now I use the full-release Safari 4. It's a great browser, I really like it. I found that I never needed any of the extensions anyway :p

Reaction score
firefox fails to load

MAc g5 1.5 gig ram, 2 X 1.8 cpu. Fire fox was working fine up until 2-3 days ago. Now refuses to open. unistalled- installed several times. This is a new rebuilt G5 running OS X leopard, I'm just getting all the programs I want loaded here. My macbook was running firefox 3.1 I've tried the latest 3.5.3 and my old standby 3.1. Neither one will load. Anyone had this issue..any suggestions. I've had FF for years with no problems. Still works great on the macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
I use Firefox and have no problems.... Thanks for the Camino Browser info I will take a look

Reaction score
I use Safari all the time. I just don't like FireFox anymore. I got rid of my MySpace though. I disliked the stuff they put on my last Windows machine, and I just don't trust their site.

Reaction score
I toggle between Switzerland, the UK & Asia (sound
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro/13"/Mid'09/Unibody/Upgraded RAM To 8GB (2 x 4GB RAM).
Same-Same Painfull

hey guys. is anyone else having problems with firefox? i have the latest version, and my 2 huge complaints are when i start a download, be it 10megs or 20k, it hangs for a good minute! then starts downloading.

Then theres try to browse the plagued myspace. Forget that. freezes, and freezes all other tabs/windows. i cant even check the status of my router on a local network if its trying to load myspace

now i dont have these problems on safari, i jus tlike the feel of mozilla better

i dont have these problems on my lousy windows machines, and even my gf and her mac mini have no issues

anyone have any ideas what the problem is? this is osx4.7 on a dual G5, with 2gb ram

thanks in advance

i am having the exact same problems bro.
cant believe we are the only two experiencing this.
i should mention im using (or its using me) OS X 10.6.8... YOU ??

Reaction score
I toggle between Switzerland, the UK & Asia (sound
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro/13"/Mid'09/Unibody/Upgraded RAM To 8GB (2 x 4GB RAM).
MOZILLA TRUST... I haven’t any !!!

I use Safari all the time. I just don't like FireFox anymore. I got rid of my MySpace though. I disliked the stuff they put on my last Windows machine, and I just don't trust their site.

Infact the bigger the company the less you can trust it! the net is no more what we all loved;
new
free / freedom
pure information

in my opinion it has done 180 degree turn, ie;
control :Evil:
it is money & sales driven
simply a very handy headache

i am totally changing my surf habits :(

C

chas_m

Zappastein: you are responding to a thread from 2006 that was itself revived in 2009.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.