X11/OpenOffice.Org Woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
OP
N
Reaction score
I think this thread is in the wrong forum.....how do I request it be moved?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
NanoBite said:
I think this thread is in the wrong forum.....how do I request it be moved?

you can ask a moderator nicely, and they will decide.

I have decided this is fine here.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What X11 did you install? The only way to install X11 from the Tiger DVD is insert the DVD, when the folder opens, scroll down to Optional Installs. Launch that and agree to everything and just before it starts to install there is a selection menu. Expand Applications and put a check just by X11. Then hit install. If you did it any other way you probably have the wrong X11 installed.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23796&highlight=X11+Open+Office

OP
N
Reaction score
Graphite said:
you can ask a moderator nicely, and they will decide.

I have decided this is fine here.

Thanks Graphite.

I wasn't sure if my post was in the correct forum seeing that X11 is Unix and would need someone who knows how Unix works to figure out why its not responding anymore.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have never seen X11 installed correctly not launch. Will search around. I was thinking a corrupted .plist fine but searched and there is no x11 plist. Will get back to you.

Have you tried throwing X11 in the trash and doing the install over again? Just a thought. I have the same machine and OS you do and it comes right up every time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Somewhat unrelated, but Graphite, I notice that you live on a tropical island and have the latest dream machine Mac - you are having us on, aren't you? :)

OP
N
Reaction score
mac57 said:
Somewhat unrelated, but Graphite, I notice that you live on a tropical island and have the latest dream machine Mac - you are having us on, aren't you? :)
He's having' himself on.... :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
NanoBite said:
He's having' himself on.... :headphone

...and BTW Graphite, your condescending comment attached to the negative reputation point you gave me proves my point!

If I upset you by posting multiple times then get over it! :spook:

Nothing there about multiple posts......or spiteful negative reputation points.... :cool:

I guess there is where the "etc" comes in right? Meaning there are more and these are just a few examples. Also I suppose you forgot that you gave me a negative reputation point for letting you know your thread was in the correct spot. But your right I was a little hard on you I didn't put hearts and flowers all over the post.

Please see the forum courtesy thread if you would like more information on multi-posting. Also, If you do not loose your punk-kid attitude I will remove you from the forums. I think you need a time out.

Also, you avatar was not appropriate, I fixed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.