can't open system preferences

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just got my new 12' ibook today. This may sound kind of wierd, but I cannot open the system preferences. When I click on system preferences, nothing happens. Anybody know what may be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
search the forums on how to repair your permissions
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
It is also possible that system preferences opens but the main window is not displayed...does this make sense? is there a black triangle under the icon in the dock (if its docked?) if not, does it appear in the dock when you try to open it? This may be too obvious but also try restarting? Otherwise i guess it could be a permissions thing as stated above

OP
JDann24
Reaction score
well, i decided to do a complete re-insatll of OSX and now of it works. but now my trackpad isn't being reconized. this is a brand new ibook. whats going on?

S

Sydrocentric

*uses his mind powers*
haha, just kidding. Is your mouse plugged in? There is an option is the system preferences to disable the trackpad when a mouse is plugged in.

OP
JDann24
Reaction score
the trackpad isn't being reconized. it was working fine a few hours ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
JDann24 said:
the trackpad isn't being reconized. it was working fine a few hours ago.
you didnt answer the question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.