Leopard Preview from Apple.com

Roo

Reaction score
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

There it is folks! They put it up for all of us to see.

I'm incredibly happy they decided to include a virtual desktop-like option on it (Spaces).

The Timemachine program looks kick as well.

Anyway..enjoy~! :p

PS - Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, or for whatever I might have done wrong; I'm a newchild. :$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
preview

thanks for that :biohazard

p.s. when is the likely release date for leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
what about finder revisions? any word on that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Don't see what they would be changing on it, nor would any slight changes really be noted heavily on the site until the final release is set

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
karudzo said:
what about finder revisions? any word on that?

None are specifically mentioned on the site, but the new stuff in Spotlight may make up for some of that....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I love the way Microsoft has system restore, but apple has Time Machine :)

Microsoft has a little grey box where you check the date you want to restore on a calendar, Apple flies you out to friggin space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
baggss said:
None are specifically mentioned on the site, but the new stuff in Spotlight may make up for some of that....

Yea the spotlight will hopefully fix some of it, but Steve also said there are a lot of things they werent going to mention. That way microsoft wont cant copy it, so hopefully the finder is a new revision but from the demo the finder didnt look any different. So I guess we will have to wait and see with the final release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
Was there any mention of speed improvement for Rosetta in Leopard? I have read that menus and windows will open faster for Intel Macs but I have not seen anything about speed improvements for PPC programs running on Intel Macs.

Also, I did not see any changes announced for Finder. I know it has been a subject of debate as to what users felt needed to be addressed in Leopard and Finder was one of the components that could use a little help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, but hopefully most applications will be UB by the time leopard rolls around...

Rosetta is already pretty amazingly fast IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
My guess is that any Finder improvements are being kept underwrap until Leopard is actually released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
I can't wait till they release something completely new, like OS XI :) . However, the time machine seems strikingly similar to windows rollback feature. Does anyone from the OS 9 days know how long (i.e. 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc.) it took to get to X?

But yea, other than that what really seems to be that different from it and Tiger? :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Arichards said:
I can't wait till they release something completely new, like OS XI :) . However, the time machine seems strikingly similar to windows rollback feature. Does anyone from the OS 9 days know how long (i.e. 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc.) it took to get to X?

From the time they announced OSX? It was about a year and a half, but if you include the public Beta and 10.0 (which Sucked) it was closer to 2 and a half years. OSX didn't gain acceptance unitl 10.1 (which was free becasue it HAD to be). I didn't switch full time until 10.2.

Reaction score
I am hoping some more changes are made to IChat :(

I am not a big fan of their presentation but maybe it is me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Arichards said:
Does anyone from the OS 9 days know how long (i.e. 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc.) it took to get to X?
Since the first system software?.... about 16 years.
:p :black: :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
they had plans with osx since jobs rejoined apple in 1996. Jobs had a partially developed OSX called NeXT os or something the like... when os9 was released osx beta was also out i think (developers).. and by os9.1 most macs were shipping with a beta public version called 10.0

but you can count with mactracker yourself...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.0 was not the public beta, 10.0 was released 6 months after the public beta...

Edit: HERE is some lite reading on the subject...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Someone asked about Finder enhancements. Leopard has a lot of great new content, but for those of us who came from the Linux world, just one of those Finder enhancements is a real standout. From what I can see, Spaces delivers Mac OS X native multiple desktops to Finder at last. Now you can have 4 or more virtual desktops, allowing you to organize your apps into tidy well organized work spaces. It may not sound like much, but once you try it, you will never want to go back.

Spaces is worth the price of Leapard alone.

Yes, I know that there are some other shareware attempts at this, but Spaces will be fully integrated and seamless, something none of the rest are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 | 1.67 GHz | 80 GB | 1 GB RAM
Yeah I think it is you because iChat kicks all other chatting apps asses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.