Password problems

Reaction score
I recently inherited a G4 from a friend of the family. He's moved, however, and we've lost contact since Katrina. I just sat down to play with the mac but it's completely password protected. Granted I can use the machine, but a lot of things that I would like to change require a password. What can I do to fix this? I don't actually have the physical software packages for the computer, and for that matter, I don't even know what goes into restoring macs, so I haven't tried reformatting or anything yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help's appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The only way to resest the admin password is by using the OS X discs

Reaction score
polakbob said:
I recently inherited a G4 from a friend of the family. He's moved, however, and we've lost contact since Katrina. I just sat down to play with the mac but it's completely password protected. Granted I can use the machine, but a lot of things that I would like to change require a password. What can I do to fix this? I don't actually have the physical software packages for the computer, and for that matter, I don't even know what goes into restoring macs, so I haven't tried reformatting or anything yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help's appreciated!

On a side note, I hope you get in contact with him as I had to go through Katrina and it has not been fun.

:eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.