Using .mac (trial) how to get web page uploaded

M

marchandc

okay, so i signed up for .mac and am pretty sure i want it, but i want to take advantage of the 2 free months.

i made a web site using mozilla, saved the first page as index.html

i got a "working web" in a folder on my desktop but i cant get it to be seen on the web

my address is tp://homepage.mac.com/marchandc (outdated link removed)

i managed to get it to work the first few times i copied the files to my sites directory in my idisk, but after updating it a bunch of times by simple drag and drop it stopped displaying the new site. i deleted the contents and tried to copy all the files back into and empty sites directory.

now i can see all the files for my site in the sites directory but when i go to the actual address, all i get is the "we're sorry......homepage cannot be found."

am i doing something wrong, or is there some sort of upload limit per day or hour or what. i dont know what to do, please help me. thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
looks fine to me

OP
J

Joaquín

I made a very stupid mistake that it's very easy to overlook... If the folder you upload to iDisk starts with a capital letter and then you type the address in you browser all in lowercase it won't find it.

OP
T

thePurpleGiant

It works perfectly here!

Just a side-note: Will you be using the other services of .Mac? (other than the webspace and email)

If you mainly just want a website and email, might I suggest that you would find it cheaper and more flexible to purchase your own domain name (marchandc.com) (outdated link removed) with hosting. Many users do not realize how simple this is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.