Refurbed IMAC - any issues ?

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience (good or bad ?) with buying refurbished from Apple ?

I am about to buy my first computer.....I am a long time PC user at work and my company provides me with an IBM T40 with XP loaded....blue screens every 3 - 4 months and regular failures all lead me to believe that a MAC is what I want at home....this will be mainly so as to avoid the constant virus nonsense associated with Windoze but also because I have used MACS before I am a confirmed addict ! I own an IPod Photo and a Canon IXUS camera and mainly this will be for IPhotos and ITunes.

I will also use it for personal email and maybe SKYPE as well. I have wireless broadband at home.

One essential will be to be able to transfer all of the personal JPEGS that are currently resident on my company PC to my new MAC...I assume I can FTP them or somesuch ?

I might want to have the ability to load XP onto my MAC but as that is what I am running from I will have to have a really good reason for doing that !

I am thinking of buying from Apple Refurb stock and see a great deal on a 20 inch IMAC at the moment on the apple UK refurb store.

Any comments on all of the above appreciated ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Apple can handle all what you've mentioned above. With regars to refurb., I have no experiance. From what I've heard they are as good as new.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
You shouldn't have a problem. I suggest that you buy it if you are sure that you want Apple. I don't think that there is any reason why anyone would not want an Apple iMac 20" though. I have one and love it to bits.

The refurb stuff has all been fully tested and I am lead to believe that you can't actually tell the difference between the refurb stuff and the new stuff from the outside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I have a refurbed iMac 20" and i have no issues with it. Plus i saved 200 bucks and got me the Apple Care

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I have a refurbed iMac 20" and i have no issues with it. Plus i saved 200 bucks and got me the Apple Care :)

Jem

Reaction score
Yup, I have a refurbed iMac 20" and also no issues - very slight mark on top of casing and another on the top left corner but they're tiny cosmetic issues that you'd never notice. Oh, it came with a brand new keyboard and mouse as well....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I cannot find a Refurb store on apples website for the UK :(, can anyone link me please.

EDIT: After scouring the page I found the tiny text link for it.... I thought it would of been as easy to find as on the US store. Sorry for the post..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
refurbs are good as new, go for it!!!!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I second buying refurbs! Bought two - no problem!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.