Music stream not playing

D

dllewis1

Can anyone guide me to configuring my Mac OS X to play the music using the Play All link on this web site? I've tried installing Windows Media Player 9, Flip, and WMPlayer. Simply installing them doesn't seem to do the trick. FYI - this stream plays fine on a Win XP Pro computer using Windows Media Player 10 and 11 beta. I'm trying to make the switch but there seems to be a lot of things out there that are holding me back. This is one of them.

http://music.phuonghong.com/play.php?video_albums_ID=386#

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I just opened it up in FireFox with Flip4Mac installed and it played without a problem

OP
D

dllewis1

Did you already have Flip4Mac installed? Is there some configuration you used? Did it effectively launch QuickTime in the popup window? Can you determine the MIME it is using? Any additional info?

Can I effectively uninstall WM9, WMPlayer, etc. so that I can then install Flip again and get the results that you have?

OP
D

dllewis1

Figured this out. Actually a buddy figured it out. The web site, the pop up, requires Flash be installed. After installing the newest version of Flash, it works with various media players. Browser doesn't matter, media player doesn't matter...just need flash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.