MacBook CPU Temperature

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
I just downloaded CoreDuoTemp to monitor the temperature of my CPU, and I was a little shocked. It says my CPU is running at 158-162 degrees fahrenheit pretty much all the time. Does that seem right? Do the CoreDuo chips really run that hot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Hmm wow that is pretty hot! You may want to get that checked out

M

menace3054

that is fine, mines at 151 and its only been on for an hour. processors run very hot, my old P4 ran at about 170-200 a lot of the time, the thermal grease and casing help to make it so you dont realize its actually that hot. the hardrive gets pretty hot too, dont worry about it, its normal. Also, im 95% sure that the laptops have a heat protection system where it will actually turn off if it gets dangerously hot

OP
Richie_Gecko
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
menace3054 said:
that is fine, mines at 151 and its only been on for an hour. processors run very hot, my old P4 ran at about 170-200 a lot of the time, the thermal grease and casing help to make it so you dont realize its actually that hot. the hardrive gets pretty hot too, dont worry about it, its normal. Also, im 95% sure that the laptops have a heat protection system where it will actually turn off if it gets dangerously hot

Whew...good to hear. Thanks. :)

M

menace3054

yea i just "tried" playing halo on rosetta and now my processor is at 158 degrees

Reaction score
Yep thats about what Im running at. Ive gotten up to 190 before even.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.