Solo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
Well school starts this Thursday. Tomorrow I'm going to be getting some cloths and it just so happens the Apple store in it!!!! My moms going to try and, he he, con him into getting me one cause after the Bay thing he for some reason gave up.

I could get a couple laptops, from fellow MF users but the ones I saw had not enough power or good power just to exspensive. The money my dad has which is partially mine I control >=D I only have enough for a Solo...Do you think the solo will have enough power for iMovie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
From what I have heard, No.

Z

zap2

It will run, i here its similarly speedy to a single G5 with similar Clock speeds, but you'lll need more then the basic RAM.. but the Duo is much faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It will run, and it will run fairly well, but the performance benefits you get from the dual core processor are fairly substantial.

I'd try to save up for the core duo if you can.

But first, wait and see what's released tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
I run iMovie on my G4 all the time with 512MB RAM, it's not the fastest thing around but it's more than enough to get the job done.

If it's basic editing then there is very little issue but I would recommend getting a second hobby since image filters and exporting will take a LONG time. It's not that bad since you can just leave it running in the background for a few hours if the project is overly big.

That said more power is always good but try and get what is in your budget. Also you can always try out iMovie at the Apple store to see if it is fast enough for your needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.