ripping and burning dvds

L

lindsey

hey guys

iam new to the mac os x and i cannot seem to figure out how to burn dvds. i want to backup
my dvd collection. i have downloaded mac the ripper but thats as far as i got. the format i
guess is .VOB?...am not sure though.

i have never ripped or burned dvds so i really have no clue how to go about it.

would someone be kind enough to please help me out?? thanks in advance! =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Just use MTR to copy the Video/TS folder to your Hard drive and then use Toast (not free) to rip back to a DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
DragonBurn used to be free, but I don't think it is anymore. Do a search at Versiontacker or Mac-Update and see what you can find.

OP
T

TMelcher

If you can't find a good free way to make exact copies of discs, you can do it the poor man's way like me. I use HandBrake to rip high-quality .mov files from DVDs and then re-burn them through iDVD. It's also handy becuase you can often combine multiple DVDs into one, as some companies stretch TV series out over more discs than really needed.

I then use my pseudo-backups for day-to-day use and keep my originals tucked away.

Also, if you decide to use HandBrake, search around for the alternative icon. It was featured on many prominent blogs, so it shouldn't be hard to find. It replaces the ugly pineapple/martini logo with an actual handbrake.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.