[Media FR] What do you use Windows for ?

I

igrec

Hi everyone,

I'm a french freelance journalist. I'm currently investigating on the uses of Windows - through Parallels or Boot Camp - by Mac users.
I'd like to kow what you use Windows for, what pleases you and what frustates you.

Feel free to PM me for more information regarding that investigation.

a+

Nota : sorry for the cross post, I really didn't know where my question could fit in best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Please do not double post. Better yet please read the rules before posting, that way you do not have to apologize, since you won't do it next time right? :) Welcome to our community.. sorry that the welcome had to have a negative overtone at first ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Welcome to the forums.

Anyway, I use Boot Camp and Windows XP Home Edition on my 17" Intel iMac, and I use it SOLELY for gaming. Nothing else really. It's awesome for gaming, though, I must say. It has to be the most dependable piece of hardware I've ever owned. But, back to the point, solely gaming (more specifically, "Rome: Total War" and "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" and, when it comes out, "Medieval Total War II").

OP
I

igrec

Murlyn said:
Please do not double post. Better yet please read the rules before posting, that way you do not have to apologize, since you won't do it next time right? :) Welcome to our community.. sorry that the welcome had to have a negative overtone at first ;)

Thank you for removing the post that was in the right place. Next time, if I wonder where to place a post, I'll ask you first with a PM.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The little I use Windows on my Intel Mac, Mostly for Gaming. I really installed it so I can help others troubleshoot their Bootcamp issues. For the little Windows usage I do I use a AMD 64 PC and that is just for Games also.

Some though use it for a few needed Applications that are only avalible for Windows and their Job/Work requires they run those applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Mostly for work-related apps that have not been ported to the Mac, including MS Access and some specialized VPN stuff we use at the office.

OP
L

LadyInRed

igrec said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a french freelance journalist. I'm currently investigating on the uses of Windows - through Parallels or Boot Camp - by Mac users.
I'd like to kow what you use Windows for, what pleases you and what frustates you.

Feel free to PM me for more information regarding that investigation.

a+

Nota : sorry for the cross post, I really didn't know where my question could fit in best

Using Bootcamp for gaming, and Parallels so I can continue to use my copy of Photoshop until it goes Universal. Also I have one fractal app that will never get ported to the Mac, that I run under Parallels as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
I use Windows XP Professional through Parallels for...

1. Testing websites I build in windows web browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer).
2. For applications that have not been released as Universal binaries (i.e. Adobe Photoshop).
3. Application development for Windows (i.e. C# and C++ Builder)
4. Gaming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I use windows XP on bootcamp almost exclusively for gaming. NFS Most Wanted and Half Life 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.