Rebate question

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to the US and hence the rebate system. I ordered an iPod + macbook 1.83GHz couple of weeks back, and they've been delivered. Extremely nice products both of'em.

I have the UPC barcodes cut out.

What can I use as a proof of purchase? (I seem to have lost the sales receipt that came with the iPod).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
did you buy it with a credit card? you can use the statement...

OP
Anil_robo
Reaction score
macAttack said:
did you buy it with a credit card? you can use the statement...

I bought it with a "check card" and I have the statements online. Should I use those?

OP
Anil_robo
Reaction score
Rebate: What is a proof of purchase?

I found the answer to this. The proof of purchase is an invoice, which apple sends to you through email. It's also available in your apple online account. I think both these apply to orders placed online via apple.com

I read the apple rebate policies, and it appears that even if you send them the wrong document as a proof of purchase, you can get in touch with them and then send in the right document later. This is quite good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Glad you got everything worked out, I remember when I bought my powerbook I had a $100 rebate. I just printed out the online receipt and used that, must have worked because I got a $100 check a few weeks later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.00 GHz
Does anybody have the said link to this rebate?

M

mrasg45

I purchased a Macbook Pro on July 16 and still waiting for my rebate for the laptop, Nano and printer. I was told by the salesman it would be 3-4 weeks. I spoke with a woman on the phone yesterday at the company that handles the rebates and she says they are just now on rebates received on July 18.

Anyone experince a quicker turnaround?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope usually takes around 6-7 weeks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.