g4 digital audio

H

hotrod351

im not sure if im in the correct section, but here goes. i have a g4 digital audio with a 533cpu speed. i just installed vpc 7 and it runs really slow. the instructions said i really need a 700 processor speed. my question is if i buy and install a 700, or larger, processor am i going to see a difference in operating speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yes, you will notice a difference in operating speed. Processor upgrades vary in cost, and I'm not sure what it would cost you to bump it up, but if your only goal in doing so is to run VPC, I would advise against it. For the same price, and a smaller headache, you can buy a cheapy-pc and run that. Plus, with a $30ish adapter/splitter, you can use the same keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc.

OP
H

hotrod351

well that seems the way to go. is this adapter something i can find at any computer store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I've seen them at Best Buy, so i'd assume so. I've never used one, but I have friends who have. I think you can buy just a monitor splitter, or you can buy entire kits that split everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.