Remote Control stopped working with iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
My Remote Control for my Intel iMac stopped working today. I tried a second remote that I use for my iPod dock and that didn't work either. I tried switching the batteries but that didn't work either. I remember reading on here a way to pair your remote with your iMac but I can't seem to find that thread. Does anyone here know what might be the issue?

OP
iPodJon120
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
I fixed my own problem. I went into System Preferences, under Secuirty. Hit the "Unpair" button and re-paired my remote to my iMac by holding down Menu and Play/Pause for 5 seconds.

Reaction score
I notice that you say that you have a remote for your ipod dock, is there any way of setting up my remote to control my ipod. do i need a receiver like an itrip or should it work automatically

Reaction score
Further to my earlier question re my remote controlling my ipod, i now realise that the ipod dock allows me to use play and ff rev functions on my ipod but there is no response to volume control or trying to scroll through lists. Can I set up the remote in some way to do these as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2.93 i7 16 gigs ram
I fixed my own problem. I went into System Preferences, under Secuirty. Hit the "Unpair" button and re-paired my remote to my iMac by holding down Menu and Play/Pause for 5 seconds.

Thanks for the fix, worked for me also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.