Quicksilver

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Hi all,

Just a quick message to say that I have just downloaded quicksilver and it is really going to make a difference to the way I work. I am already so much quicker around the computer.

This program should be bundled with all Macs. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
There's some speculation that a similar launcher will be added as an extension to Spotlight in Leopard.

Yes, it's a great program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i tried it but i didn't like it, maybe i should give it another go, everyone seems to love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I've been working with it - haven't gotten a good feel for it yet. It should be easier once I get my head around it and some workflows down. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I have been using it for a while. So far I am kind of on the fence. There is a bit of a learning curve and it can be frustrating considering I can do whatever task quicker without quicksilver compared to the amount of time it takes me to figure out how to do it with quicksilver.

For some tasks like opening programs and contact list people it has been quicker and that I enjoy. I am sure the more I use it the better I will get at it and the more I will like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
macAttack said:
i tried it but i didn't like it, maybe i should give it another go, everyone seems to love it.

Same here, maybe I should give it another go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quicksilver does indeed rock...

It takes a while to get the catalogue set up to only show the things you want, but once it's done its a really nice companion tool to spotlight.

I use the flashlight interface theme, so spotlight for finding stuff is on the right and quicksilver with a similar look pops up on the left to launch bookmarks, apps etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.