[all read] easy way to make money and support your website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ok guys, I have decided to share this with the rest of you. I have found a way to cover the cost of websites, from ads. I found a few months ago, and have been the test bunny for goo gle ads. They call the program ads ense, and I was quite surprised when I found they actually sent me a check (a VERY LATE check, but I actually got it.). I got a few others involved with it, and they have gotten it to work for them as well.

2 Example sites with them on it.
IanRay/TitoSwing
FeariousFour

How they work:
Other people go to your website and then notice your ads, and then click on your ads (not you thats illegal). Goo gle records that, takes a few $s from the website supporting the ads. Takes a little for themselves, and then puts the rest into an account, you own. Then when that account reaches 100$ and the months change they will send you a check for the amount in that account. (pretty cool eh?)

How you get accepted:
go here. Click on the button on the left, and fill out the form.

Key points to remember
1. Don't EVER click on your own ads.
2. Make sure your website is updated often
3. Make sure your website isn't a personal webpage
4. Put the ads so you can see them easily.
5. Be patient. It takes 2-3 days to get accepted, and a while to make any money.
6. .orgs don't make any money.
7. Don't EVER say "click these ads" or anything like that on your webpage.
8. Follow these rules and ull be on the road to supporting your pages.

Golden rule: Only click on the ads if you see something you like or intend to buy. You should follow this rule always.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I've made a little over $7 in 4 months or so :) It's kind of sad since I have probably around a thousand or so users of my breadcrumbs class and they just don't like clicking I guess :( $7 is more than I had before though! :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
don't worry murlyn were working on a plan :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Who is "were"? :) I'd love to hear it!

D

dziner

Interesting. Makes me want to go buy a domain and start a community of some sort. Oh wait, that's why I'm learning PHP and MySQL. If anyone here has some experience with this and would want to ive me a hand, maybe we can work something out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With adsense or with PHP and MySQL.. I'm a PHP/MySQL developer and I have adsense on my site :) http://www.baskettcase.com

But please do not look at the site too close since I havent worked on it :) But you can take a look at one of my PHP classes plus google's adsense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i like it. then again, im apart of "were"

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacAddikt said:
i like it. then again, im apart of "were"

*evil laugh* so u think!

:D yeah, mac addikt can help you with any trouble as well as I can.

D

dziner

I completely forgot about this post and recently implimented Google AdSense on my site ( Greencracker.com ). I was seeing that most of my traffic comes from Google searches of all sorts. To my surprise I had a few cents showing after just a few days. I was surprised that people were actually using it!

Now I have a question though. Does anyone have a way to enter your Google AdSense stats so that you can predict your future earnings? I'm thinking you should be able to do this with Excel but I really know nothing about using that app.

D

dziner

I also did not see the Google ads on ianray.com (nice design by the way) or feariousfour.com. What happened?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Murlyn said:
I've made a little over $7 in 4 months or so :) It's kind of sad since I have probably around a thousand or so users of my breadcrumbs class and they just don't like clicking I guess :( $7 is more than I had before though! :)

I didn't see any ads on your site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok.... Officially Inspired to make a website, I thinking I am going to start right now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
dziner said:
Interesting. Makes me want to go buy a domain and start a community of some sort. Oh wait, that's why I'm learning PHP and MySQL. If anyone here has some experience with this and would want to ive me a hand, maybe we can work something out?

PowerBookG4 said:
Ok.... Officially Inspired to make a website, I thinking I am going to start right now!

NO PLEASE DONT. At least not yet.

TO clear up some things, there is absolutely NO EASY WAY TO EARN MONEY from websites. It takes a lot of hard work, knowledge about funnelling traffic to your website, search engines and how they work.

For those planning to make a site, do the following:

1. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN
2. Find a topic that will interest people and has not been overdone by other huge websites. Check out the competition for that topic or keyword(s)
3. Fill your site with relevant content, do not steal from others. If you are taking content from someone's website, ask for permission.
4. Dont overburden your site with lots of ads
5. No popups
6. No flash navigation [search engines cant read that]
7. Learn the marketing terminology...ROI, clickthroughs, CPM etc etc
8. Learn how to use mod_rewrite for Apache [I'm assming most of you will have a linux hosting account]

[not in that order]

Keep in mind, not every user visiting your website will click on those ads.

there's loads more stuff to know, but this imo is a good startup.

Now tell me, is it easy to make money off ads?

I didnt mean to burst your bubbles, but seriously, if it were that easy, wouldnt everyone be doing it? It's not impossible, but it quite hard. There are people who actually make a lot of money off their sites, but at the same time, they get LOADS of users...we're taking thousands per day and have spent LOTS OF TIME on their sites [or got lucky by finding a good niche market]

JTR

J

justinpfarrell

Starting a blog is an easier way to gain money from adsense. People link to your blog, and you link to theirs. A lot of people spend time reading blogs, and return daily if you have good thoughts/content.

Blogs are also easy to setup, and are very search friendly. (especially google)

Here is an example. http://www.JustinPFarrell.blogspot.com

I dont have adsense though....i probably should!

D

dziner

JackTheRipper has some good input. I never said making money with websites was easy. But some money can be made.

Blogs seem to be a great place to get noticed. I get about 35MB of traffic a day to my blog because of google searches. If you make your posts simple and clear you can get high search results easily.

The good thing about Google AdSense and a blog is that the material that people are finding on your site is also what they are seeing with your Google Ads.

I don't recommend just building a site for the sake of making money, and I know that my blog isn't completely topic sensitive (I blog about a lot of personal things that are happening in my life). There is a lot of good information on marketing and advertising on sites like SitePoint and MarketingProfs and both offer email subscriptions for up to date info.

Reaction score
justinpfarrell said:
Blogs are also easy to setup, and are very search friendly. (especially google)

There are also some 6 million of them, How many do you read everyday?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
JackTheRipper said:
NO PLEASE DONT. At least not yet.

TO clear up some things, there is absolutely NO EASY WAY TO EARN MONEY from websites. It takes a lot of hard work, knowledge about funnelling traffic to your website, search engines and how they work.

For those planning to make a site, do the following:

1. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN
2. Find a topic that will interest people and has not been overdone by other huge websites. Check out the competition for that topic or keyword(s)
3. Fill your site with relevant content, do not steal from others. If you are taking content from someone's website, ask for permission.
4. Dont overburden your site with lots of ads
5. No popups
6. No flash navigation [search engines cant read that]
7. Learn the marketing terminology...ROI, clickthroughs, CPM etc etc
8. Learn how to use mod_rewrite for Apache [I'm assming most of you will have a linux hosting account]

[not in that order]

Keep in mind, not every user visiting your website will click on those ads.

there's loads more stuff to know, but this imo is a good startup.

Now tell me, is it easy to make money off ads?

I didnt mean to burst your bubbles, but seriously, if it were that easy, wouldnt everyone be doing it? It's not impossible, but it quite hard. There are people who actually make a lot of money off their sites, but at the same time, they get LOADS of users...we're taking thousands per day and have spent LOTS OF TIME on their sites [or got lucky by finding a good niche market]

JTR

I use to make websites for money a while ago, I was very good at it, but I have not had a site of my own in a long time, never felt like worrying about it, and I was thinking about it for a while now, and this thread just make the seed that was planted in my head grow alot faster.

I

ineedanewmac

Just a point of reference. I was webmaster for an arts and entertainment weekly newspaper in a decent sized city (about 100,000 pop) I put adsense on every page, on the right colunm of the site. Here are stats for about a year.

The ads were shown about 2,265 times a day.
average of 16 clicks per day
Paid on average about $5.73 a day
Average ctr(click thru rate) 0.7%

The total amount made over the year was $2,190
They definitely pay.

I read an article about a guy that does a site about cell phones and pda's. Very specialized site. He made over $40,000 a year from adwords. I cant remember how many visitors per day he had, but it was way more than the local site I was working for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.