MagSafe Connector

C

cdcarter

Hey everyone. I have a MacBook, and my Magsafe adapter is being messed up. The cable is slightly seperating from the connector, right at the base of the connector. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time Eventually it stopped working and I had to purchase a replacement. Is this a common problem with other people's MacBook's? Does anybody have a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
cdcarter said:
Hey everyone. I have a MacBook, and my Magsafe adapter is being messed up. The cable is slightly seperating from the connector, right at the base of the connector. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time Eventually it stopped working and I had to purchase a replacement. Is this a common problem with other people's MacBook's? Does anybody have a solution?
You shouldn't have had to purchase any replacement.
That should have been covered by warranty and Apple would have replaced it for free.
I suggest contacting Apple about it.

OP
C

cdcarter

D3v1L80Y said:
You shouldn't have had to purchase any replacement.
That should have been covered by warranty and Apple would have replaced it for free.
I suggest contacting Apple about it.

The apple Store people claimed it was caused by abuse and not covered by warranty. Should I just email/call apple this time? I have never had any problems with Apple hardware before. I was lucky and got a 3G iPod that is still kicking, no battery problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.