How Do I resize Images

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBookPro 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
does iPhoto or Preview let me resize images or do i need to download a different program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
You can export images from iPhoto in a different size, but you might be better off with a dedicated little app to safe messing about. ImageWell is very popular and is free, and it does a whole bunch of other cool stuff too (e.g. cutting out to shapes, adding frames or text, etc)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
I downloaded this program for free from the apple site called Image Tricks

Now i use it for everything, to resize, crop, change colours etc..Great program.

Never tried imagewell, will check it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If you don't want to install another applicatoin and just want to do a quick resize you can open up the image in preview... zoom out until the picture is the size you want it to be. He cmd+shift+4 and then the cross hairs will come up.. use them to select the image... the image will show up on your desktop as the size it was when you zoomed it out... then you can do as you wish with the reduced sized image. (you can do this with iphoto too if its already in your iphoto library.. all it does is take a screen shot of the selcted area which happens to have your picture in it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I really can't recommend imagewell enough...

Not only does it let you quickly rotate, resize, annotate, watermark and add borders to files, it also has the ability to save images directly to multiple favorite locations, even to an FTP server or iDisk.

And it's free - friggin unbelievable! It's apps like these that are the reason to own a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Ok - this is a good post to find.

I've downloaded both ImageWell for quick work - and Image Tricks for all the other stuff - I like 'em both far better than Iphoto.
I'm wanting to ditch Iphoto altogether - however, what's the best way to relocate and manage all my pics outside of iphoto w/o ruining them? If I do so - once I get rid of all the extra copies that Iphoto creates will I still be able to access the copies I do want to keep.

Thank you

*edit* especially ImageTrick - it's an incredible program, glad you pointed it out.

Reaction score
Image Resize, Image Well and Image Trick are all great for manipulating images!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Silverfroth said:
Ok - this is a good post to find.

I've downloaded both ImageWell for quick work - and Image Tricks for all the other stuff - I like 'em both far better than Iphoto.
I'm wanting to ditch Iphoto altogether - however, what's the best way to relocate and manage all my pics outside of iphoto w/o ruining them? If I do so - once I get rid of all the extra copies that Iphoto creates will I still be able to access the copies I do want to keep.

Thank you

*edit* especially ImageTrick - it's an incredible program, glad you pointed it out.
Well personally I prefer to just leave iPhoto to manage and organize my images, and when I need one to edit or upload - I just drag it to the desktop and iPhoto automatically creates a copy there.

But if you want to take your images as they are and manage them manually, just drag them all out, or select all and the select export as file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Thank you - I didnt know if taking them all out would mess them all up...much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.