power supply clicks

M

mattk

the actual lil box for the powersupply is clicking when plugged in. If i plug it into my computer, the charge status light beginds flashing every time it clicks. And the computer then makes the clicking noise.....

and ideas?? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
mattk said:
the actual lil box for the powersupply is clicking when plugged in. If i plug it into my computer, the charge status light beginds flashing every time it clicks. And the computer then makes the clicking noise.....

and ideas?? Thanks.

i think i know what you're talking about and if it is what i think it is, then i had the same problem too. i would plug in my power adapter to the PowerBook and the charge indicating light on the power adapter would blink and make a clicking noise which corresponded to the blinking. the battery wouldn't charge and the computer would not recognize that the power adaptor was plugged in. i took it to the apple store to get it serviced and it turns out that the power adapter that i had was defective. they gave me a new one and i haven't had problems since and i leave my PowerBook plugged in all the time when i'm at home. as long as you're still under warranty, you should be able to get a new power adaptor.

OP
U

unl33t

i've had a problem with mine that is similar. when leaving my PB plugged in overnight, the power supply tends to stop charging. if i unplug it, then re-plug it into the wall nothing happens. but if i disconnect the grounding cord from the actual box unit then connect them again, its fine for about 2 days. i think i'm going to have it looked at soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.