MAC OS9 Install

R

ryanpatrick

Hello being a dummy when it comes to mac's I'm hoping for some help here. I got my hands on a G4, and older one but in good condition. My question is I tried to reinstall the OS and ran into some problems. I was able to wipe the old partion and start fresh with the installation. However when it boots up I no longer have keyboard or mouse control. I have the keyboard plugged directly into the USB port on the back of the machine and the mouse is plugged into the keyboard. If I boot from the CD I have no issues using either device. Its acting like it either doesnt reconigize the keyboard and mouse, or didnt load the drivers properly. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

OP
S

snee

ryanpatrick said:
Hello being a dummy when it comes to mac's I'm hoping for some help here. I got my hands on a G4, and older one but in good condition. My question is I tried to reinstall the OS and ran into some problems. I was able to wipe the old partion and start fresh with the installation. However when it boots up I no longer have keyboard or mouse control. I have the keyboard plugged directly into the USB port on the back of the machine and the mouse is plugged into the keyboard. If I boot from the CD I have no issues using either device. Its acting like it either doesnt reconigize the keyboard and mouse, or didnt load the drivers properly. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

i'm not so great with macs - but if you have an ADB keyboard - the OS should see that from the start - once you;re up and running - switch to alternative keyboard and mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If you can start from the cd and see your installd OS 9 system folder…
check to see if the file "Apple Extended USB Keyboard" is in your extension folder. If not, put it there.
It is a Network & Connectivity component and may not have been installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.