Recording from the net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
It's a bit of a strange situation here. I'm listening to Radio 1 online listen again and there's a show that I want to record to hard drive to put on my iPod.

I can't just right click and then click download linked file. That won't work for some reason.

How do I get this music to my hard drive.

I've had to do this before on my PC. What I did was use a program that allowed me to set the audio input device to the WAV sound then just click record on the program and then press play on real player. I'm not really explaining this very well I know.

Does anyone know of a Mac program that will allow me to do this?

I tried QuickTime Pro but it won't let me change the audio input devise from the mic.

Any ideas?

OP
hojkoff_101
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
Aw thats working great!

My only problem now is it's going to make a HUGE file. If I turn it form an aiff into an mp3 will that compress it?

How do I do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Yes, that will compress it. To do this you'll need to fire up iTunes, open iTunes preferences, click "Advanced", click "Importing", change the import filetype to Mp3, drag the AIFF into your library, right(ctrl) click it, click "Convert Selection to Mp3", and finally, delete the original AIFF.

Reaction score
Why go through all that? simply use a program like WireTap Pro and have it save the recording to what ever format you want...

Doesn't Audio Hijack do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i second wire tap pro....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
macAttack said:
i second wire tap pro....

WireTap Pro installed a bunch of strange files in my Library and tried to phone home too much, I didn't like it. It's a little more of a hassle for Audio Hijack, but a better experience for me...

Reaction score
i have audio hijack to where it compresses the aiff file to mp3 in itunes. it does it all on its own. all i need to do is just toss out the aiff file from the desktop

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.