When are the univeral binaries coming out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Everyone talks about how with the new Intel mac's non-native programs run slower than they will when the "universal binaries" come out. When do we expect those?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
NikBhat said:
Everyone talks about how with the new Intel mac's non-native programs run slower than they will when the "universal binaries" come out. When do we expect those?
It really depends on the app. A lot of apps already have universal binaries out. Only the developer knows when their app will be available as a universal binary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Well Adobe will release CS3 in 07 and it will be universal, as far as office I have no idea. Most programs are universal by now, mostly the major ones arent. If you are unsure if one is, just at the info for a program and I think under more info it will say if its for intel, powerpc, or universal. Im not 100% sure where it says it in the info window, but I know it should say it somewhere in there. Im on my pc now or I would look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
PunkRockTuba said:
Well Adobe will release CS3 in 07 and it will be universal, as far as office I have no idea. Most programs are universal by now, mostly the major ones arent. If you are unsure if one is, just at the info for a program and I think under more info it will say if its for intel, powerpc, or universal. Im not 100% sure where it says it in the info window, but I know it should say it somewhere in there. Im on my pc now or I would look.

They have a beta up for free of MS Office 2007 right now, hopefully they are working on an Universal Binary OS X version. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The Mac version of Office 2007 will be MacOffice 2008. MS has stated that 2008 will be Universal.

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Sweet thanks a bunch for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
baggss said:
The Mac version of Office 2007 will be MacOffice 2008. MS has stated that 2008 will be Universal.

Sweet!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.