web newb, need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Well I have just been appointed the webmaster for my church's youth mininstry. However, i've completely replaced the index page with my own because the previous one was very intimidating to the little kids, so i tried to design it to fit the "kid's persona". but i haven't been able to figure out why the page is left aligned in safari. but will become centered in internet explorer. there are quite of few mac users in the youth group, so they are beginning to complain about it. anyhow, i haven't been able to figure that one out. also, there is an empty line under the links which i would like to get rid of. so yah, i need help with those two problems. and i was hoping to get some feedback for my very first official site and i need some guidance from the gurus of the internet world. so any advice would be very appreciated.

o.. and the url is www.veritasym.org so please i need help.

one more question, i'm using transmit to upload my pages but i am unable to upload large files of pictures at once because it locks me out due to the shareware liscense. so if you guys have any other software you guys use, that would be cool too.

well thanks in advance.
EY

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Change this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5" bgcolor =" #11111" width="750" height="835">

to this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5" bgcolor="#11111" width="750" height="835" align="center">

And replace:

<td height="28" colspan="2" align="center" bgproperties="tiled" ><h1 align="center">

with this:

<td height="28" colspan="2" align="center" bgproperties="tiled" align="center">

And get rid of the end </h1> tag at the end of the above td tag..

That should take care of your two problems.

As for your ftp program.. purchase one.. that's the best way of taking care of those problems :) I personally use Fetch and find it to my liking.

T

thePurpleGiant

Purchasing Transmit is the easiest way to get rid of the shareware limitations!

How about instead of giving money to the church for a week or two, you put it towards purchasing Transmit - since it is for the betterment of the church anyway?

Oh yes - I also think your website looks great, good job!

R

rosx

Why buy a program? Mac os X shipps with built in ftp access. Just go to the go menu then select connect to server. Next type in the addess of which you are uploading to. Example: www.adelphia.net/~rosx It will then ask you for your user ID and password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.