Holy crap!

X

Xshare

As a new switcher (on thursday), I was at my friends house and he showed me something that just blew my mind in it's simplicity and ease over windows. Apparently when you printscreen on a mac (he was on tiger), you press the button combo (alt-shift-4?), and then you can just select the part of the screen you want to printscreen, and it creates a png on the desktop! No more fumbling around with printscreen, then pasting into photoshop and cropping what you need! That's just brilliant!

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the saved file default a jpeg instead of png? I know I can open the file in preview and save as jpeg, but if I could avoid that step it would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
Drop Jpeg

voodoodaddy said:
Is there any way to make the saved file default a jpeg instead of png? I know I can open the file in preview and save as jpeg, but if I could avoid that step it would be nice.

Drop Jpeg works awesome. And its free. Just drop the png file onto drop jpeg and it will convert it automatically!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.