M-Audio FastTrack

I

iRizzo

Hello all. I searched and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So I would like to record some stuff on my MacBook Pro. I play guitar. I am looking for something to record into maybe GarageBand. I was looking at the M-Audio FastTrack. I'm not too sure how it works and what it will do. I was also hoping you can add some drum beats over the guitar riffs. It says on their site that it comes with extra effects. What does that mean lol? Does anybody have any other suggestions for recording guitar onto my computer? Thanks for the help! :black:

Reaction score
Lots. It all depends on your budget/expectations etc. You need a decent audio interface, guitar has no real power so you need a preamp of some sort to boost the signal. Presonus Firepod seems to be pretty popular with muso's. I'm about to buy a small mixer/preamp made by Behringer and I'll just use my iMic2 to get it into the Mac. If I'm not happy with this setup then I'll go with a firewire interface.

Garageband has a full backing band right at your fingertips...

OP
I

iRizzo

Yeah thanks. Now I just need to find something for the drums. Any ideas on a good drum machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.