Networking problems...and TIVO

Z

zvandyke

I'm no computer whiz, but I'm pretty sure I have hooked everything up correctly. I worked over 10 hrs. this weekend trying to set up my wireless network.

I have an Airport Extreme and an Airport Express.

I hooked the Airport Extreme to my cable line and then connected my IMAC directly to the Airport Express via USB cable. (I broke the wireless card to my IMAC trying to install it!!!!!!)

I can connect to the Internet using my laptop, but my IMAC only sometimes connects to the Internet. Other times it says something about the encryption not matching up. Please help.

Also, I just order the TIVO wireless adapter and have a feeling it will be another 10 hours of work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
How did you break the card?

Is your laptop wireless?

If its telling you that the WEP keys don't match, then re enter then on both ends. I have had this happen to me using PC's and linksys wireless routers. The computers would connect to the wireless router but would never get an IP address. I went ahead and re did the WEP key on the router and two laptops that were using wireless.

As for the TiVo go to the site and they have some good manuals (at least they used to). I havent been on the site in a while.

OP
Z

zvandyke

alucard said:
How did you break the card?

The MAC store sold me the wrong card and I tried to jam in there. I'm not very patient with computers.

Is your laptop wireless?

Yes.

If its telling you that the WEP keys don't match, then re enter then on both ends. I have had this happen to me using PC's and linksys wireless routers. The computers would connect to the wireless router but would never get an IP address. I went ahead and re did the WEP key on the router and two laptops that were using wireless.

I'm not sure I understand this answer. Can anyone give specific steps.

As for the TiVo go to the site and they have some good manuals (at least they used to). I havent been on the site in a while.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.