Mail auto opens address book

M

mfrenkie

I'm going insane. Whenever I get a new e-mail in Mail, address book automatically opens. How the heck do I make it stop?!

Reaction score
Mail opening address book

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I just started having the same problem after I reinstalled Lion on my MBP. I also am going insane, so any help would be super appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I hope someone answers your post with a solution. Did you notice that you replied to post that was over 6 years old?

Reaction score
Solution!

I did notice the age, yes. But this was literally the only other example I could find online where a person was having a similar experience.

That said, I spent a significant amount of time troubleshooting this problem last night and this morning, and I narrowed it down to a script that was running every time i received a new email. The scripts purpose was to display a Growl notification for each new email received. What I also found out, is that that same script referenced the address book in an attempt to add a picture of the sender to that notification. I removed those lines of code associated with the address book, and I finally was able to resolve my issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.