Can't install mac driver CD on windows XP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
The graphics driver on my macbook has installed properly, but when I try to run the drivers CD that I burned prior to installation of windows XP I get this message:

"Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."

This message only comes at the tail end of the driver installation when it says rolling back, and you think everythings about to work :eek:neye: .

Otherwise I'm left without sound or internet support.

I'm runing a standered copy of Windows XP home with SP1.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
per apple.com/macosx/bootcamp

"A bona fide installation disc for Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 2, Home or Professional (No multi-disc, upgrade or Media Center versions.)"

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Well, I've made it this far, and XP is very zippy as far as speed goes. Even though I'm operating it under SP1. I know it says that SP1 can't be upgraded to SP2 later, but I'm downloading SP2 update to see if it helps. I'm also going to try to run it in safe mode and see what happens.

If anyone can tell me how to boot into safe mode it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Arichards said:
Well, I've made it this far, and XP is very zippy as far as speed goes. Even though I'm operating it under SP1. I know it says that SP1 can't be upgraded to SP2 later, but I'm downloading SP2 update to see if it helps. I'm also going to try to run it in safe mode and see what happens.

If anyone can tell me how to boot into safe mode it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks
From Apple
Apple's BootCamp FAQ's said:
Important: Your Windows XP installation disc must include Service Pack 2 (SP2). You cannot install an earlier version of Windows and upgrade it to Windows XP, nor install an earlier version of Windows XP and update it with SP2 later. See below for more information.

I suggest that you read the Apple BootCamp FAQ before you try anything further with it.
:black:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jeesh, thanks for the info, but I'm trying anyway! :p

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and that was supposed to be a stuck out tongue not a snowman! 8p

haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.