battery optimization?

Reaction score
my powerbook back in'96 had a battery optimization program... it basically drained the battery and then charged it again...

does such program exist within osx?

I was guna post this in the osx/apps section but this is directed more for notebooks so I put it here...

thx for the help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need a program to drain your battery and charge it for you? Just put on a few movies, screen fully bright until the thing puts itself to sleep, plug it in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
also check out coconut battery if you want to know about your battery.

OP
T
Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
You need a program to drain your battery and charge it for you? Just put on a few movies, screen fully bright until the thing puts itself to sleep, plug it in

yeah I guess I could do that lol

OP
T
Reaction score
macAttack said:
also check out coconut battery if you want to know about your battery.

I have it :)

I switched my macbook today because the prev one got stained way too quick, and they gave me a new one... the older macbook had a badass batt at like 5300mah, but this one is at 99% batt life :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Coconut battery is not entirely accurate. I displayed 100% one day, calibrated my battery, and then the next morning i was down to 95%. Now, 1 day later, I am at 99%. Diagnostic programs like Coconut battery are not good for you because it makes you concerned with things like the capacity of your battery when in fact its so inaccurate that its probably not worth concerning yourself anyway!

OP
T
Reaction score
well right now my battery is drained, and within minutes it will go to sleep, then i'll recharge it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.