Bootcamp installation problem after restart

L

lust4life

Hello all. I just got a new MacBok Pro 15" and I was trying to install BootCamp a few hours ago. I got everything ready: got my firmware updated, finished the parition part, and I was ready to restart the computer for further installation (that's the step prior to choosing C: ). As my Mac restarted, it would run the Windows XP SP2 disc in my drive for a few minutes until it got to the screen where it said "Welcome to Windows Setup!" Then it asked me to press 'enter' to continue the installation. I did so but nothing happened. It just stayed on the screen. I pressed 'enter' again but there was no response. I even tried pressing the other keys (i.e. F3 for quitting) but none of the keys indicated worked. Does this happen to anybody ever? Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thank you.

- HC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
It happened to me, I had numerous issues with mine stalling and freezing half-way through the process. It took a while, but somehow it eventually worked. I am using a Dell CD however, with SP1. Through persistance it worked somehow. Nevertheless, the mac drivers CD that I burned prior to the installation of Windows XP crashes at the end of it's driver setup. This is the error code I get...

"Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows installer help (msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."

The graphics driver installed O.K., but I still have no drivers for Ethernet, wireless drivers, or some USB driver...

I dunno, the whole thing is still a bit shakey...

My advice is, keep trying! You never know with windows when it's going to work... sometimes it just does for no apparent reason.

~Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Arichards said:
It happened to me, I had numerous issues with mine stalling and freezing half-way through the process. It took a while, but somehow it eventually worked. I am using a Dell CD however, with SP1. Through persistance it worked somehow. Nevertheless, the mac drivers CD that I burned prior to the installation of Windows XP crashes at the end of it's driver setup. This is the error code I get...

"Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows installer help (msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."

The graphics driver installed O.K., but I still have no drivers for Ethernet, wireless drivers, or some USB driver...

I dunno, the whole thing is still a bit shakey...

My advice is, keep trying! You never know with windows when it's going to work... sometimes it just does for no apparent reason.

~Good luck.
That is because it was designed for use with Win XP SP2... you aren't using a compatible version. It likely will never work for you personally until you use the correct version of Windows.

To the OP, BootCamp is beta for a reason. ;)
Just keep trying it and read here for more info:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303572

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.