15" MacBook Pro Battery Exchange Program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I'm off to check my battery, good thing I saw this before I sent mine out for the "whine" issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBookPro 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
This is ironic because to day I read that the batteries should be left to uncharge atleast once a month.
and I usually kept it plugged in so I tried this today and my computer randomly Shut off when i was in like more than halfway battery like and I'd try to start it back up with no power source and it wouldnt, it only would with power source so I guess the batteries are faulty

but I'm dissapointed with the macbookpro's they have soo many problems

OP
I

iRizzo

jesusholdon said:
This is ironic because to day I read that the batteries should be left to uncharge atleast once a month.
and I usually kept it plugged in so I tried this today and my computer randomly Shut off when i was in like more than halfway battery like and I'd try to start it back up with no power source and it wouldnt, it only would with power source so I guess the batteries are faulty

but I'm dissapointed with the macbookpro's they have soo many problems
Not all of them have problems. Mine's perfect. I've had it for 4-5 months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
mine too. And though my battery qualifies, it works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBookPro 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
mine is fine, I just meant in general, they have a lot of defects

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
ummm, no, they don't.

OP
I

iRizzo

Ya not really. The only problems i've heard of are the whine which can be fixed by Apple and the heat issues which have been resolved.

Reaction score
I did order a MBP between those dates but my serial number doesn't end in those numbers so wheh

OP
S

schondesign

iRizzo said:
Ya not really. The only problems i've heard of are the whine which can be fixed by Apple and the heat issues which have been resolved.

how does the heat issue get resolved? mine is like a hot oven to the touch on the underside and top near the charger cord. :eek:neye:

Reaction score
i qualify, but my battery seems to be ok.

think it would be a big deal if I didn't send it back as requested (for recycling)? I would be nice to have a spare just in case...

OP
H

Harryc

psycht said:
i qualify, but my battery seems to be ok.

think it would be a big deal if I didn't send it back as requested (for recycling)? I would be nice to have a spare just in case...
Per the documentation that I received with the battery exchange, Apple will charge you $121.11 if you do not return the battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
My battery also qualified although I hadn't had any problems. I signed up for the exchange anyhow. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Reaction score
I signed up for the battery exchange wa couple days after it was announced and have already received my battery. I recall it only took 5 days after filling out the form online.
I did not think that there was anything wrong with my original battery, but now that I have the new one, it sure seems that it lasts a lot longer after a full charge!

Mattlike said:
My battery also qualified although I hadn't had any problems. I signed up for the exchange anyhow. Thanks for the heads up. :)

OP
H

Harryc

MacFan10 said:
I signed up for the battery exchange wa couple days after it was announced and have already received my battery. I recall it only took 5 days after filling out the form online.
I did not think that there was anything wrong with my original battery, but now that I have the new one, it sure seems that it lasts a lot longer after a full charge!
I've seen the comments that is seems to last longer, I've also seen some claim that their MacBook Pros run cooler. Personally mine runs about 4 to 5*c cooler and the battery lasts 4 hours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.