Boot Camp Problems with 17" MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jt003649

Hi All,

I've installed Windows XP on my 17" Macbook pro using the lastes Boot Camp Assistant. I had updated the firmware before hand. XP installs fine and I can boot up into the Windows after installing. Once I install the Mac drivers disc and reboot though, XP boot up fine until just before the login screen then my screen goes blank. If I enter my password I can hear XP logging into the desktop screen.

When I boot into Safe Mode, uninstall the ATi drivers and reboot I can log in and the resolutions is set as the full screen resolution. The drivers are just standard VGA drivers of course and any movement of windows or scrolling looks terrible.

As soon as I reinstall the ATi drivers and reboot the same problem occurs, regardless of what resolution I choose. Does anyone have any advice on how I can solve this?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
All Bootcamp and Windows questions belong in the Windows forum as stated in the sticky at the top of every forum at this site.

Please repost in the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.