• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Flip4Mac v2.1 is available

007Richard

newbie in need of help

zacster said:
And to answer the other question, Flip4Mac lets you play .wmv files via quicktime. There is no other universal binary app that plays .wmv and it was a hole in the seamless switching that Apple promises.

Hello! I'm a life long PC user who just bought a mac mini, and I have lots of questions :headphone
is this app only for video files? or is it also for audio files broadcasted over the internet, like a radio station? Is this program shareware?, what kind of limitations does the trail version has? and finally, i don't know if this is right but, can I get serial keys for apps that are not shareware, or do i have to buy the programs? Thanks again for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
So far Camino slaughters it. Really horrible performance - screws up the page layout and doesn't display the player in the browser very well. Anyone else experiencing this in Camino?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
kaidomac said:
So far Camino slaughters it. Really horrible performance - screws up the page layout and doesn't display the player in the browser very well. Anyone else experiencing this in Camino?
I had those problems before v2.1. But its not confined to all WMV Only certain codecs. I haven't looked into what codec those are in detail. On top of that I dont have a New mac so go figure.

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
life is again good for us intel users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.