• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Combing two video_ts folder to create one DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I am not sure how to search for this on the forums so if this has been discussed please point me to the correct thread.

How can I combine two Video_TS folders and the data inside to make one file to be able to burn on one DVD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
combining two video ts folders and shrinking them to fit onto one dvd is going to compress them so much that your video quality will be horrible, unless you are using dual layer disks, and then my answer is, i dont know
-chris

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
what about combining two or more avi files into one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
alucard said:
what about combining two or more avi files into one?

um, there is some prog. i found on versiontracker.com that could do this. the neame of it had something to do with 'stitching" or 'stitch' i believe i searched for 'join avi files'
-chris

Reaction score
dvd2onex will do it for you.
and depending on how big each VIDEO_TS folder is, it may still look fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Well if your copying DVDS they are dual layer. Most movies you rent from block buster are dual layer. So if you are trying to put two movies on 1 regular dvd quality is going to be real bad.

Reaction score
how big is each VIDEO_TS folder?
when you add both of them.. what size would they be?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.