• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone have a cingular 8125?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
how do you like it? can you use AIM on it? im currently with t-mobile so I'm goign to be picking up an unlocked one.

I'm going to be getting rid of my treo 650(anyone interested? haha) to pick one up.

The only reason i'm going to get one is because of the size of the keypad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
DON'T DO IT!!!
It's identical to the T-Mobile MDA. The T-Mobile MDA, Cingular 8125, Sprint something-something are all rebranded versions of the HTC Wizard. BUGGY AS H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS. The processor is super slow, it had trouble answering phone calls in time when I was doing more than one thing at a time. AIM support is virtually non-existant due to Windows Mobile 5's inability to keep programs running while the phone is in "standby" mode. Anyways, I had the worst time with the MDA, and I gave it a good couple of months before I tossed it.

BTW, I am qualified to make these remarks. I went to the MDA from the Treo 650 because I wanted the bigger screen and the WiFi. Biggest mistake I ever made. I wish I had the money to go BACK to the Treo 650. AIM support on that was at least there, albeit sketchy.

I ended up going with the Sidekick III when it finally came out, so I could get AIM support back. I highly recommend one of the Sidekick line if you are looking purely for AIM support and size of keyboard. I am missing the touchscreen a little bit, but I am definitely getting over it. The Treo and MDAs were cool for their "look what I can do" factor as far as movie playing and games for a while, but the novelty quickly ran out.

Bottom line: DON'T get the MDA, Cingular 8125, or any other re-branded HTC Wizard device.

Reaction score
snoslicer8 said:
DON'T DO IT!!!
It's identical to the T-Mobile MDA. The T-Mobile MDA, Cingular 8125, Sprint something-something are all rebranded versions of the HTC Wizard. BUGGY AS H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS. The processor is super slow, it had trouble answering phone calls in time when I was doing more than one thing at a time. AIM support is virtually non-existant due to Windows Mobile 5's inability to keep programs running while the phone is in "standby" mode. Anyways, I had the worst time with the MDA, and I gave it a good couple of months before I tossed it.

BTW, I am qualified to make these remarks. I went to the MDA from the Treo 650 because I wanted the bigger screen and the WiFi. Biggest mistake I ever made. I wish I had the money to go BACK to the Treo 650. AIM support on that was at least there, albeit sketchy.

I ended up going with the Sidekick III when it finally came out, so I could get AIM support back. I highly recommend one of the Sidekick line if you are looking purely for AIM support and size of keyboard. I am missing the touchscreen a little bit, but I am definitely getting over it. The Treo and MDAs were cool for their "look what I can do" factor as far as movie playing and games for a while, but the novelty quickly ran out.

Bottom line: DON'T get the MDA, Cingular 8125, or any other re-branded HTC Wizard device.

I am just as qualified to make my remakrs as i've owned the t-mobile one, sprint one and cingular one...

I have to say tmobile/cingular ones are the best...

sprint is nice, but the antenna really pisses me off....

tmobile and cingular are nice, but i went with cingular's because its a dual core :)

I love mine, and when you get the firmware u'll never have problems with it....

and YES it does support aim/icq/msn/yahoo/jabber with agile messenger...

go for it, you'll love it.... all that treo/mreo **** suck, go with the real thing, not a mock up ppc :)

oh and my agile is always on and I get msgs within seconds when its sent to me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
My Agile was always on as well, and it never stayed connected...not to mention the version of Agile for WM5 devices is still in ALPHA, so it's buggy.

Reaction score
I've got a T-Mobile MDA Compact 2, basicly it has a slower processor...

Mines fine, i use it alot and i've had no issues although its not super fast it does it's job.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
I think i may pick up the cingular 8125 and have it unlocked to use on the t-mobile network..

good call yeah?

I hope so :)

I like the size of the keys, but had a sidekick II and would rather not pick up the III, just never liked them and it always gave me problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.