Help Itunes won't install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 256 Vid Card, 1 gig ram, 40 gig ipod, 4 gig nano, 512mb shuffle
My itunes won't communicate with my ipod with firewire. So I decided lets uninstall and reinstall Itunes. Well Now that itunes is uninstalled it won't reinstall. It says There is nothing to install.... That and myapple care ended 15 days ago so they wont help me.

Some help, How can i Reinstall Itunes on Mac OSX Tiger :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How did you uninstall it?
Have you tried downloading it from Apple's site and reinstalling it that way?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 256 Vid Card, 1 gig ram, 40 gig ipod, 4 gig nano, 512mb shuffle
I draged the itunes to the trash and ended Itunes helper. I redownloaded Itunes from apples site and in the installer it says there is nothing to install with itunes ipod updater and quicktime greyed out.

Now that I am searching the forums, the same symptoms my ipod has that i am trying to correct seem frequent yet there is no way to fix it that I have seen.

Symptoms:
- No Mounting
- No Itunes Recognition
- Can't Update/Restore
- Ipod Is charging
- Can be seen under usb 2.0 but cannot be refomated to use usb 2.0 (and my ipod won't charge under usb 2.0)
- Happens on 3g Ipods

I am hoping a itunes reinstall will fix it.... But I tunes won't Install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
you have to delete the package receipts for iTunes. Use spotlight to search for iTunes and delete the files in the Library directory.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks so much for the prompt replys. I got it installed (that was a pain) my ipod is visible, so somthing in itunes was corrupt. :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
wait are you using a 5G Video iPod? If so, you cannot transfer songs through Firewire, ONLY USB. This is a feature with the new video iPods, unfortunately you've got to use USB to transfer songs.

Firewire will charge it, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
whenever you install a program, a receipt is left in a folder so the system knows what is installed. Whenever you delete a program this file is left. To replace the program you must delete the file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1GHZ 1.25gb RAM, G4 PowerBook 1.67GHZ, 2gb RAM
Hey guys, I'm a new poster here.

Sorry to drag up a pretty old thread, but I'm having the same problem. the only thing is, I don't know how to end itunes helper. When I try to drag it to the trash it says it's in use. I don't know what to do to stop using it. every other itunes file I have including the library directory has been deleted but the itunes helper.

can someone tell me how to delete it so I can reinstall?

THANK YOU!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anyone? all I want to know is how to turn off iTunes Helper.

then i'm pretty sure I can figure it out.

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Mac4Music said:
anyone? all I want to know is how to turn off iTunes Helper.

then i'm pretty sure I can figure it out.

thanks!

command+space

type: activity monitor

Open the program activity monitor. End itunes and itunes helper there.

After that you should be peachy :) Then you can do what the other person in this post did!

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok now i'm confused.

I opened activity monitor, deleted all itunes files that were previously on my computer, and shut down itunes helper.

i went to reinstall and it still says the same thing. I'm going to try restarting, then re downloading from the apple website. we'll see i guess..

EDIT: well I restarted and redownloaded the iTunes installer but still "there is nothing to install"

i'm stumped.

any other suggestions?? I need my music!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.