full duplex

M

macgfxs

Is there anyway on the X-serve to see if we are running full duplex? We copy to all the other servers at 100Mb/sec, however transferring to the X-serve is very slow, more like 10Mb/sec.

Thanks for any advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
not sure how you can check, but here's how to enable it

im at work on a PC so i cant try, but you can try to read the ifconfig by using the pico editor in Terminal.app

OP
M

mikelee223

Check SERVER MONITOR and select the tab NETWORK and choose the correct interface, it should tell you duplex/speed/ip addy/mac addy etc.

Just wondering did you do the last security update? 12/19/03?

OP
I

isoprophlex

mikelee223 said:
Check SERVER MONITOR and select the tab NETWORK and choose the correct interface, it should tell you duplex/speed/ip addy/mac addy etc.

Just wondering did you do the last security update? 12/19/03?

I ran that security update on my xserve, and finally had the chance to restart a few days ago.
Now my throughput is shot! It says its at 100base and Full Duplex, but its not performing as such.
Any thoughts?

OP
P

ptejad

You might try having your switch/router port set to half-duplex. We are having network performance issues if our ports are set to full-duplex.

OP
I

isoprophlex

ptejad said:
You might try having your switch/router port set to half-duplex. We are having network performance issues if our ports are set to full-duplex.

No. The problem was Apple's fault due to a bad security update from december. The fix finally was available through software update (two days after i read it was available, but couldnt find it). Now my servers are running like before, but i am very suprised and annoyed that this happened to begin with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.