The 13.3 inch screen is HUGE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
I am not sure why but my 13.3 inch macbook feels easily as large as a 15.4 powerbook. Obviously it is not, but I barely notice the compromise in size. 13.3 is definitly the sweet spot for a portable multimedia device, but perhaps it is infact a shame that Apple ditched the ultra portable 12 inch.

So my question is does anyone else feel like the 13.3 inch is the perfect size?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'll let you know when I get mine.. Currently on a 15.4" Powerbook and I love it. I'm personally glad they did away with teh 21.1" iBook/Powerbook.. the 13.3" looks sick

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 15.4 inch screen is even too big to open in a coach seat on Air France. That is what turned me off from buying the MBP.

ps: i do a lot of traveling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
yeah I agree the 13 inch is just right, the nice thing is since its widescreen it looks even bigger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
punkr0x0r said:
.. the 13.3" looks sick

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think the high resolution of the 13.3" macbook screen makes it feel much bigger simply by having so much screen real estate on such a tiny device.

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeha that is exactly it. Good resolution and incredible quality. I downloaded teh Cars trailer from Apple.com becuase I knew it was a colorful movie. I was astonished when I saw the clarity and vividness of colors. I recommend that everyone who recieves a new Macbook download the Cars trailer and sit back and be amazed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
Does the 15.4" PB really not fit in an airplane coach seat? I know my MBP is smaller, but I'm kinda worried now. I don't travel a huge amount, but when I do, it's long international flights where i NEED my MBP.

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ShillAT said:
Does the 15.4" PB really not fit in an airplane coach seat? I know my MBP is smaller, but I'm kinda worried now. I don't travel a huge amount, but when I do, it's long international flights where i NEED my MBP.

My brother has a 15.4 inch G4 Powerbook, presumably though its a bit thicker than the new MBP. We flew from St. Louis, Missouri to Atlanta, Georgia. This was a small plane and a very short flight. Never the less we busted the powerbook out to play some Super Mario 3 and to no avail. There was no room to play. From Georgia we flew to Paris, France. This was on Air France (coach class), again, 15 inch was too large to use in the seats. We could not even get the screen open to a good enough spot to make the computer comfortable to use. Then we flew from Paris to Bombay, India on a brand new Air India plane. This one ALSO did not accomodate for 15 inch computers. Although it was more spacious than Air France. These are my experiences, Im not trying to scare you or anything but we were not able to travel with the 15 inch very easily. That is why I was intiially all stoaked to get the 12 inch, until they eliminated it. Perhaps Business class or First class (definitly) will acomodate better. But hey, traveling with 4 people to India is not cheap so we went with coach :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Lots of low-end 15" PC laptops only have a resolution of 1280x800 anyway, so the mb feels like a 15" and the mbp feels like a 17" to most people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
devo said:
21.1" ibook -- that'd be amazing! hehe :spook:
as a desktop replacement ya. i wouldnt want to carry it round much !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Yeah, I feel and think that the 13inch size is just "perfect".
Ideal for taking it with to school and my work, and also the ocasional traveling.
Cannot complain, but rather just feel as NikBhat as concluded.
I just love my new "toy". :D

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am enjoying my macbook immensley right now. If only the MBP came in a 12 or 13...then we would be in heaven.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just wish that the macbooks get a dedicated graphics card next time around.
I would not mind the extra price, as long as I can have the 13 inch widescreen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
interesting, on my way back from the bahamas I busted out my 17" powerbook.. to watch a movie on and had no real problems at all with space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sweet. How were the bahamas btw? :D

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I suppose it depends all upon the Airline itself, and plane.

So, this is what we learned: Air France and Air India are both no-gos with 15 inch heh, Bahamas are a different story!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tell me about Air India.
Flying with them to Germany was a pain (the crew and the flight were good), but the seats and space in general was all cramped up. No leg room really. However flying back from Germany was actually quite nice, lots of space. I guess it all depends on the airplane itself, which model they use and etc. However the macbook and its 13 inch widescreen are ideal for me to use at school and work, since I have only so much desk space.

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlueBacchus said:
Tell me about Air India.
Flying with them to Germany was a pain (the crew and the flight were good), but the seats and space in general was all cramped up. No leg room really. However flying back from Germany was actually quite nice, lots of space. I guess it all depends on the airplane itself, which model they use and etc. However the macbook and its 13 inch widescreen are ideal for me to use at school and work, since I have only so much desk space.

Air India was actually more spacious than AirFrance (Air France is the most cramped coach seating ive ever been on, even their Air Bus), Singapore Air is GREAT on the other hand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.