user settings reset

C

caseyc

Hi,
I would appreciate help with the following. After allocating a password to the existing boot account on my laptop I lost all my personal settings. itunes and all other software settings have been reset as though for a new user and the desktop is new also. A new folder exists on the hard drive with my name and all the details of my previous environment are in it, including desktop, itunes etc.

In the accounts section under system preferences only one account exists. The home icon in the hard drive contains the same name as the newly created folder. The only fifference between them is that the home icon name begins in lowercase and the folder in uppercase. The short name for the account begins in lowercase. I changed the cas of the folder but this had no affect. I want to restore my machine to the old settings. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.