Major Battery Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
I've been getting about 4-1/2 to 5 hours of battery life out of my MacBook (according to the guage). Two days ago, I decided to calibrate my battery because it was about time to do so. I let it run until my computer went to sleep, I let the MacBook sleep for a few hours, and then I charged it until it was full. Exactly how the manual describes.

Ever since then, on full charge, I have only been getting 2 to 2-1/2 hours of battery life!

What happened?

D

DeathToPCs

I have the same problem. I called Apple care and they are sending me a new battery today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Do you have to send them your old battery?

D

DeathToPCs

I had to give them my Credit Card number before they would ship the battery to me just incase I did not send the battery back to them. But they shipped it yesterday and I got it today! I did not have to send them my old battery first.

OP
diesel828
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
I called support. They told me to remove the battery, hold the power button down for 5 seconds, re-install the battery, drain it, and charge it fully again. It worked just fine. He says that sometimes, after callibrating the battery, the reading is off.

Thanks, guys.

D

DeathToPCs

Yeah they had me do that also. But that did not help me. So I had them send me a new battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.