• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problems playing ts files on macbook

S

starion156

I am trying to play deadwood recorded in HD at 1080i with the file extension .ts. I am trying to output the video to my sony 32v2000 tv via the pc input from my macbook. However when playing the video back with VLC its suffers from bad deinterlacing ie distinct banding on motion sequences. My macbook is the 2gig model and has 2 gig of ram.

I have tried the video on my desktop pc using both windows media player and media player classic and it plays fine.

I have tried again using my macbook this time booting into windows using bootcamp. The video works fine with media player classic but this doesn't seem to have a playlist opption for playing the seperate bits of the movie in sequence. Windows media player doen't output sound via the optical interface but otherwise plays the video fine. But again VLC give me banding.

I would much perfer to use the macbook in mac mode to play the video so does anyone have a fix for VLC or can recomment an alternative player for .ts files on the Mac.

I can live with booting to windows if anyone knows how to get media player classic to play the .ts files in order without any breaks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Apple's DVD player in Applications will play it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.