Missing File

R

radioactiveman

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and would be greatful if anybody could help me out with a problem I have.
I have a movie stored to my harddrive but there is no way I can find it. The file is called family_guy and it is a vob file. I have tried every possible search in finder and spotlight but I can not find it. Im sure its there because its taking up nearly 4GB of space and for a time I could view it on the dvd player under recent files.
If anybody could recommend a way to find this file it would be great. I really need to delete it.

I have tried to search for all vob files, any files around that size, the date I made the file and of course the file name but nothing works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Use a program like Disk inventory x or Whatsize to help you locate the file... Those apps can also show hidden files and will sort them by size for you.

Alternatively:

It's not in the trash is it? You have emptied the trash, right?

(OS X doesn't 'free' the space until the trash has been emptied).

OP
R

radioactiveman

Aptmunich said:
Use a program like Disk inventory x or Whatsize to help you locate the file... Those apps can also show hidden files and will sort them by size for you.

Alternatively:

It's not in the trash is it? You have emptied the trash, right?

(OS X doesn't 'free' the space until the trash has been emptied).

Thanks a million
Disk Inventory X worked a treat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That's great - glad it worked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.