Clamshell, new hard drive and ram..wont boot in cd.

C

clamshellman

Ok I just got my 40gb hard drive and 512mb ram installed, I power on the laptop and get the smiley face and ? thing, so I do a little research and try to hold c for it to boot fromt he mac osx10.2cd and nothing happends except and orange screen comes up that says "original cashe. Boot rom" It said to type mac-boot to continue and I did, then it went back to the smiley face and ? screen...any help is appreciated..I am brand new to macs so I need some stuff explained to me.

OP
C

clamshellman

Nvm I think I got it...its installing right now hopfully it dosnt fail..What I ended up doing was holding the option key on startup..which didnt work the first times but I tried it this way : First I ejected the disc, then started the computer and held the option key, when the option menu opened I waited till it stopped loading, then inserted the disc and waited for it to stop loading, then hit the next button and it worked..

OP
C

clamshellman

Ok well I guess it didnt work...after the install supposivly completed it restarted and froze on the apple logo. The install setup did not ask me for the second disk of jaguar, so right now im reformating again and will try one more time...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.